Doubling Point Light was built in 1898 on Arrowsic Island on the Kennebec River in Maine. It was one of four lighthouses built that year to provide navigational aid for ships on their way to Bath, "the City of Ships." Friends of the Doubling Point Light was established in 1997 in an effort to secure the future of the lighthouse.
MISSING: THE BELL OF DOUBLING POINT LIGHT click to learn more
Created August 2, 1997 by Margaret Spencer,
Friends of the Doubling Point Light Historian
Last modified April 10, 2008.